Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt




Recently, we made a video about composition techniques with our teammates. From all the 20 techniques, we were only assigned to do 10. In those 10 techniques, the most important one I must say is Rule of Thirds. You might think, "Why Rule of Thirds? What's so interesting about it?" Well, let me tell you what Rule of Thirds is. Rule of Thirds is a major rule and well known for taking pictures or a video that includes an interview. This allows your picture to be more interesting and dynamic shots and it acts as a frame for your image.

From all 10 composition techniques, in my opinion the hardest one is Contrast in Content because a lot of things are related to each other. In that, I mean flowers, leaves, trees, grass are in one category of plants! That's the mistake we made for ours, we took a flower and put in on the grass. As we though that, that was contrast in content but Mr. Sanderl said that, that's in one category of plants. Nature is related to each other in some way, the only contrast in content I can think that would pass is a human against grass. If you think of things really thoughtfully, I guess you can come up with a lot of things than I would. There are some other hard ones, but how you plan on taking the picture takes a lot of technical thinking.

My teammates are Julie and Ashley and they are really helpful on planning things. When we think together we actually get a lot of ideas to add onto our invention. Basically, we all our in charge of planning outside of school and we've done that already. Ashley and I thought of how the scripts would go and the composition techniques and shot types. Julie was the one who planned things out and just gave moral support and thought of a lot of ideas we could do. While I, helped with the visual plan, b-roll planning and the timing. I know that we will finish all our b-roll over the weekend and even though my teammates have hula and cheer practice (while I don't play any sports so I'm literally free) we will get it done. It isn't hard if you think of it and we only have to consider the shot types and composition techniques.


No comments:

Post a Comment