Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

HELLO PEOPLE THAT'S READING THIS BLOG POST! Kyla's back with a new blog post for ya'll. Little update, I am finally an 8th Grader with a new blog post. I'm here to tell you guys what I think poetry is and what it's used for. For me, I think poetry is a way to express feelings in a way that is said minimally. Poetry can be made up with rhymes and rhythms although not ALL poetry has those components. If people can't express their feelings to other people, they can write it down anonymously or if he/she wants everyone to know that it's by them. Poetry can be a hobby or that's the way they express their feelings. Poetry can be used for a lot of things but mainly to express their feelings, I know I've said "express their feelings" a lot :) but it does express their feelings. It's another language that is mysterious that when people reads them, either they get it or they have to think about what it's trying to say to the audience and the person that is reading the poetry.

Poetic Statement:
Strive for the best,
and you'll reach success
Weird, crazy, loving and pride,
Strong but soft on the inside
Come along my crazy life,
You'll definitely have a fun ride
Friends and family is what I value,
I'll take good care of you.

For my poetic poem, I used rhythm and rhyme because it was required for the poetic statement to rhyme and make sense so it's not all over the place. It was really hard, like not even kidding. It was hella hard to make a poem because of the rhyming but luckily the internet got our backs and we used rhyme zone to help us find rhyming words with a specific word. I guess my poetic statement is pretty good but could be improved upon. I had a lot of struggle on making my poetic statement because I didn't really get what I was suppose to do due to the lack of understanding. Even taking the pictures and making our photo list, I was confused and still am confused. Although I'm getting the hang of it now, I know what to do and what I'm not suppose to. It's really hard to think of poems and make it relate to who you are because sometimes, you just don't even know who you are or you do but can't put it into words.






No comments:

Post a Comment