Monday, February 1, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners

Hello Hello! It's me again, for this new blog post I will be talking about David Hockney's photomontage and my own that we are creating. David Hockney created collages he called "joiners" Check out that link to learn more about joiners. Anyways, let me just tell you about what's really unique about David Hockney's photomontages that makes it different from mine. David Hockney's major aim for making these combined images is to discuss the way a human vision works. Compare mine, it's only random pictures from place to place. No aim but to take as much pictures to recreate an image with multiple pictures.

Social Media... A major key point to everyone's lives. Social media runs the world, tell me about it. Images that can be posted and shown to the whole entire world, isn't that ironic? Although, there are people out there that are cyber bullies and they can bring negative thoughts to your images which will affect you in some type of way, but there are other people that give positive feedback which will make you feel very happy. For example, if you posted a picture that it's your birthday, other people will say "Happy Birthday!" and some would say "So?" You just went on a roller coaster there. Photos that you post can mean so much things to other people, people with different minds. Another example, if you posted a image of a drawing that you made, other people wouldn't see it as good as others. Then you'll go on a ride again with all the positive and negative comments you receive just because of a beaver drawing. Very random I know. There is always a good and a bad side in social media and you'll come across both of them, maybe one by one or at the same time.

For my final photomontage, I want my audience to see my friends. My friends are really important to me, they're always there when I need them that's why I chose friends for my final photomontage. My friends are my family is all I can say. They are very important to me and these three girls are only a portion of all my friends. I have a lot of friends... I'm working on not making anymore friends because I am content with my friends now. They might not seem much but for me they are VERY important. Without friends you wouldn't, or me, wouldn't really be all happy. Who am I without them? Why would I be happy and sad and mad and more without anyone dedicated to it. My point is, is that they have a huge impact on my life. I wouldn't be as happy as I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment