Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Humorous Monologue




For our new project called Comedic Monologue that we started on about 1-2 weeks ago I've learned some things I never did last year. For example, I learned some new functions of the camera I never knew about. Also, that deadlines are technical things, a deadline is a deadline. Nothing's a joke whenever it comes to deadlines, the closer it gets we get stressed out and panic. You have to be doing your work as early as possible so that you don't have to worry that much. Another thing is that you can make a joke out of boring things. Can't you believe it, you're making something lively and humorous out of nothing, take my joke as an example, homework. Plain boring homework turned into something actually useful (well it is, just turned into a joke that you can laugh at.) Although my jokes not that funny.

One crucial thing we need to have and know about is "padding." Padding is when you wait for 3 seconds after pressing the record button, then start talking when 3 is over. This way your voice won't get cut because the camera starts recording for about 1 second after you hit record. Do the same thing when you're about to hit the stop button, this will also help you by not cutting your voice. Remember that padding is one of the biggest thing you need to know when recording, if you don't pad most likely some of your introduction and ending is cut off.

Can't you guys believe it that I got a vote! I know right, I can't either. Believe it or not I expected some 2's but I got 4's and 3's which is good. We critiqued our videos and voted for who's one was the best which was Makaio's, you can check out his blog on my blog if you want to see his video. Anyways, this project had me have my ups and downs and show my strength and weaknesses. This project was not that easy as you think, I mean think of making your own joke that makes people laugh and it has to be 30 seconds or more. That's not the only hard part, signing out a camera with more than 20 people waiting in line after school and if you don't get one, then your more likely to not finish your work. Although, with your friends to help you out, that's something good right? Of course, and also laughing at other people's joke (but not mines because it's not that good.) There are more of my strengths and weaknesses for this project but the ones I listed above are the main ones. (Not that much strengths, but hey this project wasn't meant to be easy.) I could improve by making/creating a magnificent joke that will make everybody laugh. I would check out a camera at least 2-3 times and get better shots, that's basically it. The flaws on my video, I would change all that to make it al least close to perfection.







No comments:

Post a Comment